Monday, May 18, 2009

Soiree familiale..

I wasn’t going to update anything but since this is like my journal, I will wonder why there is a gap if I don’t keep record. Today I gave the lesson at family home evening. I shared 2nd Timothy 1:7-8 and talked about the blessing it is here in France to have so many opportunities to be an example, answer questions about the church, and plant seeds for the gospel here. The verse says we should not be ashamed of our testimonies and God does not give us fear, but rather force and a sound mind. I also shared the analogy of the orange juice which tells about the master of a house who invites the Lord and several friends to dinner. The Lord asks the man why he only pours juice for himself and doesn’t offer it to the others and the man replies that he was afraid the others might not like the juice. This symbolizes spreading the gospel and though it’s true that some may not care for what we have to say, it is important to share bits when we have the chance because we know the eternal value that’s at stake. Tomorrow I’m spending the evening with an eccentric colleague from work, Stephanie Lecocque. She is excited to show me around a little bit more and take me to one of her favorite restaurants, and Asian barbeque place and then see a movie called Je l’aimais, based on a book. I’ll be spending the night at her house and am thrilled once again to have an invitation. I am continually amazed at the welcoming nature of the Northerners. Bonne nuit...

No comments: