Friday, June 12, 2009

June 12, 2009

A day of days! This morning grades went out to all the students and were posted and I saw everything from tears to skipping down the halls. The majority of the students did well but there was a handful of strugglers. I had a fourth interview with a student named CĂ©lestine who has her real interviews with her choice schools today. I hope she does well and can’t wait to hear how it went next week. I took a picture of her while she was preparing her summary and analysis for me. The second picture I posted is of a building I pass every day. Each time I walk past I say I’m going to take a picture and this time I finally stopped and did: I love everything about this house: the doors, the iron patterns, the color, the Flemish style, everything. After work I went to help paint decorations for our big ward activity next weekend. It will be called LDS-Fest and there will be bands playing and a picnic dinner. Before coming home and crashing in bed, Kami and I walked to Bankwok, a current favorite of mine. The food is all raw and you put everything you want in one bowl and then the chef cooks it in a wok with noodles and a really good sauce right in front of you. I asked the chef if he minded if I took his picture and he was thrilled, though the picture turned out a little more blue than the restaurant actually is. Kami and I ate in the park and then went home and crashed. (Next day) This morning I went for a little run around the streets near my neighborhood. It is a beautiful day so I’m headed out to explore more of the city…Bisous xo

2 comments:

Annette said...

I love that building too!
xoxox - Mama

steph said...

Haleigh,I realize now that the picture is of Celestine, and that is a great building.