Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm living my dream life...




Stop. Imagine a city that’s small enough, it’s still called a village. You walk fifty meters from the front door and you are standing on the bank of the Seine, probably right in the middle of one of Monet, Matisse, or others’ paintings. You live in an unbelievable three story, 18th century, home. The family, the neighbors, the boardwalk, the castle, the two chapels, the atmosphere, all more charming than you could have ever imagined. And this is the part where I try to stop imagining and realize that this is me! Croissy Sur Seine has a population of 9000 people, and is enchanting comme rien que je n’ai jamais vu. (unlike anything i’ve ever seen). Ah ! I’ll try and step out of my dream for a second and describe. The Juliennes are as enchanting as they could be! I already adore them. Very, very French..Proper..but so kind. Monsieur and Madame Julienne grew up near here, and Audree, Lourenne, Ludvine, Tristan, and Tiphine are their children. Oh, the picture was taken before my Religion class-it's in the courtyard of the George Popidou Modern Art Museum. A Plus..

4 comments:

steph said...

Dear Haleigh, it is so thrilling to hear what you are doing! It sounds amazing. I love your hair. Love Steph

Sam and Rachel said...

Haleigh- You look so cute. France sounds wonderful. Are you enjoying the food? Do you have a roommate at your host family's home, or are you there by yourself. Keep the posts coming! Love, Rachel & everyone else at Radiology Billing

Casey and Allie said...

BELLE BELLE BELLE…oh my gosh, what else can I say???

Andrea said...

Haleigh, cherie, tu es incroyablement belle. Et t'as raison, ta maison est magnifique. J'y etais pour diner une fois! S'il fait beau un jour, il faut se promener sur le chemin a cote de la Seine. Les escaliers pour y descendre sont juste en face de ta maison, je pense. Il y a des saules pleureurs tres romantiques... :)
Je pense a toi et je te souhaite une journee merveilleuse!
Bisous,
Andrea