Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Oui Madame,


Bonjour! This picture is the view as I step out of the Metro station! Not bad huh? It's L'Hotel de Ville (In short, where the Mayor of Paris works now). What a day!- if every day is as eventful as these past four have, I'm going to be like one of the missionaries who never stops telling mission stories. Today was terrific; my roommate Eurah had to stay home today, so I was on my own..which was adventurous! I took the metro to Chatelet and walked the rest of the way to school. My Moliere class was great! We got roles today and acted out parts of the first play we're studying: Le Farce du Cuvier. It's hysterical. Then I had Brother Welch's religion class, which was so great! He is so smart, he can't stay on one topic because he knows so much, his tangents go everywhere! After that, some girls and I went over to the institute and visited with the older sister missionaries because they invited us over for cake. They're so sweet! Then, all the girls wanted to go shopping, but they wanted to hit American stores like H&M and Guess, and there is NO way i'm going there when I can go to La Gallerie Lafayette etc.. So, I went to BHV (Bazaar Hotel de Ville) and bought one classy, on sale, outfit :D On my walk home from the Metro, A neighbor asked if I would like a ride..She was so sweet, I agreed, and we got talking, and she asked if she could hire me to give her daughter a few English lessons! What's better, is she is a Professor of literature at Sorbonne and agreed to show me around the department! Oh La La La! A toute à l'heure..Madamoiselle Haleigh

No comments: