Thursday, February 21, 2008

Odeon Theatre de l'Europe!

Reality kicked in a little today as I took my first midterm. I feel really great about it though, so that’s a plus. Last night goes down in history as one of the best evenings out ever! I was fortunate enough to go to L’école des femmes, Moliere’s play, at the Odeon Theater of Europe with Daniel Auteuil playing the lead role! And what’s more, I was on the front row!!! It was an unforgettable experience. Daniel Auteuil is the actor that plays the handicapped man in Manon of the Spring and Jean de Florette-he’s fantastic! Tickets were given at random to our group, I don’t know how I got so lucky to get so close! Ahh-to memorize that much in Alexandrine rhyme! I had a hard enough time with my twenty lines last week! I think the play is called The School for Wives in English, if you want to look at it. I left the theater in complete awe…No play will ever compare. The picture was taken just before we walked to the theater. This evening I gave my presentation at institute about the Bible and its canonistic qualities. I feel like it went really well! Though I truly believe sleep is overrated in this country, I cannot seem to get by without it. So until next time…Au Revoir

No comments: