Friday, February 22, 2008

Montmartre..Magnifique!

I rejoined five girls this morning to go to Montmartre. What a neat area-there is so much more than the Sacré Coeur Basilica to be seen, though it was impressive. I cannot get enough of the street musicians and artists! Place du Tertre is a little square I passed through with dozens of Bohemian artists showing their work…I was so tempted to buy a small painting…Perhaps before I leave I’ll indulge that temptation. I stopped in a church called St. Pierre that has been a parish since 1147! The streets were all cobblestone; the bus ride to the Sacré Coeur was up and down bumpy hills…a wild ride to say the least! Then we headed down to see the Moulin Gallette and Moulin Rouge-passing dozens of flower shops and bakeries. I more than wish I could capture every thought and feeling of every moment I spend here!

1 comment:

Annette said...

Hay is that really where moulin rouge is filled? Lucky you have been so many places were movies have been flimed well I am glad you are having fun.

Hilly xoxox