Sunday, February 3, 2008

Souviens-toi..

2.3.2008...Bonjour! What a wonderful sabbath it has been! I attended my ward, the Versailles ward, for the first time. It is full of fidel and fantastic members. I am really thrilled to be a part of it. Most things are the same, namely the spirit felt. We sung a hymn today that I just love Souviens-Toi. It's not in the English book but really should be. Elder Caussée from one of the 70's quorums spoke before testimonies..he'd had a few neat personal experiences with President Hinckley. I hope everyone was able to see the recording yesterday of his services. Yesterday, I did another walk through Paris, this time stopping at Notre Dame, the Crypts underneath Paris' streets, and the Latin Quarter. The clouds were moving especially quickly as I looked at Notre Dame from below..quite a phenomenal view. Then, I stopped in a place called Stalingrad: During Louis IX's reign I believe, he was pressured into putting up a wall all around Paris and four round tax stop-gates on each corner so no one could escape without paying their dues..Only one of the four still remains and the wall is completely gone The last picture, is while I was walking to the station this morning. The sunrise was intensely beautiful..

No comments: