Friday, February 1, 2008

Une semaine..one week

Bonsoir..Today it rained cats and dogs! I'm not even going to try translating that one with my family here. :D But by noon, I decided I wasn't going to let it stop me. I took another visit to Saint Sulpice..the inside was so ornate. Though before the DaVinci Code it wasn't a tourist destination, it ought to be, gives Notre Dame a run for its money in my eyes. Down the road, I came to Abbaye Saint-Germain. In the 6th century, King Childebert I founded they abbey in the fields just outside of Paris (hence, the près-or fields-in the name Saint-Germain-des-Près). It was simply staggering to stand on the corner of the Rue de Rennes and look at the 1970's Montparnasse Office Tower then turn 180 degrees, and see the walls of a building 1,000 years older! I also came across my first mime today, which was rather enjoyable. He was very convincing as a music box! Voila my petite francaise Lidwene and I..she should have been doing her homework, but she thinks taking pictures and learning english words with an American is more fun than her english workbook :) haha, until tomorrow...

1 comment:

Annette said...

Haleigh~
Tell Lidwene, she is just as cute as can be, I love her brown eyes!