Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bend it like Beckham...s'il vous plait..3.26.08

Bend it like Beckham! Last night a bunch of the girls and I went to the France vs. England soccer game! It’s a big deal seeing as they’re both top ten teams here. Beckham played for England, which was awesome to see, but of course I was rooting for France. They won, no contest, but it was a blast to watch! #22 for France, Henri Ribery was so great; he moved his feet faster than I though humanly possible! One of the French newscasters passed away the night before, so there was a moment of silence dedicated to him at the game. 49, heart attack, and three kids..tragic. On a happier note, today Brother Welch invited me to a conference on Mormonism with him and we did some major networking! The leaders of the CES in France were there along with leaders of other faiths. It was great to get out there and it was also fun having Brother Welch, who is so well known say, “Now have you met my student Haleigh?” I have learned more from him in one semester than I’ve ever learned in a religion class. Tomorrow I’ll write more about what he taught us in class today, it was incredible. A demain..

No comments: