Saturday, March 1, 2008

The World's Largest Flea Market..

It has been a culturally enriching weekend thus far! Last night a few of us girls caught a movie: La fille et les loups (The girl & the wolves). Due to the fact that true theater is so popular, the movie theaters are tiny-as in 4 rows. The premise was that she aimed to be the first female veterinarian but in reality, she had a certain understanding with the wolves. The cinematography was quite enthralling and it ended well, but nothing like the American romances I’m used to. This morning I ventured out into the world’s largest flea market, in the outer region of Paris. Let’s just say, there’s a reason there are parts one shouldn’t carry valuables. Yet, the upscale parts sold gorgeous chandeliers and antique furniture for a pretty penny. I got a kick out of this pair of shoes-it took my idea of “platforms” to a whole new level. I decided today that I shouldn’t let my lack of artistic talent get in the way of me trying my hand at it and learning. After all, I am surrounded by the works of the masters. For my first attempt, I chose a stained glass window and sketched the outline and plan to color it later. A bientôt!

1 comment:

steph said...

Haleigh, the shoes are hilarious. Good for you about the stained glass! Love hearing all the neat stuff and love seeing the great pictures.
Love Steph