Thursday, February 28, 2008

D.D.= Divine Day! :)

Another Divine Day…My Molière class is so much fun, I could stay much longer than required! We are finishing up Le Bourgeois Gentilhomme and it’s absolutely hysterical. Then, Elizabeth and I visited the Musée D’Orsay in which I recognized much more than I’d realized I might! Some of Van Gogh’s best known works like his sunflowers and self portrait are there, along with several Monet, Manet, and Cezanne originals. The picture to the left isn’t famous, per say, but it reminds me of the kind of paintings my mom had around when I was little. I spent the majority of the day there and hope to go back at least once more before I leave. This weekend should be full of fascinating discoveries: Tomorrow I’m going to see what is believed to be the crown of thorns; it’s presented at Notre Dame every Friday during lent. Honestly, I don’t buy it, but I’ve heard if you’re lucky you get to kiss it to pay respect, and I imagine that would be memorable. A bientôt !

2 comments:

Annette said...

if you kiss it let me know ok?
akh

Annette said...

Hey
You show that painting of that guy?
That is so cool i learned about him in art last year. You look really pretty have fun.

Love Hilly