Sunday, June 21, 2009

LDS-Fest 2009

I have so much to catch up on and not enough time so I’ll just type like a madwoman and hope to hit the main points. A few weeks ago our ward hosted an activity called LDS-Fest for all the young adults in the North. I sang a few songs with one of the bands called “Talking to Annalisa” and had a great time! The band is partly members partly nonmembers but on the whole, everyone really enjoyed the activity! While there, I had volunteered to man one of the food stands and the craziest thing happened! I was handing out fruit salads as fast as I could and when I looked up at one of the people and our eyes met we both gasped and started talking at the same time! It turned out that Dennis, a friend I met at BYU a couple years ago has since moved to Belgium, had a day off work and randomly decided to come down to Lille for the music night. (See picture) When he was doing his exchange semester in Provo we hiked the Y and he had dinner with my family and I learned a lot about him. His dad is a diplomat in the Congo and it was too dangerous for him to live there so after joining the church he and his sisters moved to France. He is having a lot of success in his job and occasionally gets to speak English. Next is the picture with me and the three young brothers: They joined the church in January and have made a lot of life changes since. The two on either side of me are handicapped and all three are very sweet. Before the festivities started we took a big group picture of everyone who helped pull this night off: a lot of work went into the decorations. This weekend was also the same time that Kami finished her internship and left to travel around Europe with her mom. She thought I needed a souvenir picture of me working in my office, haha (I think I looked really tired that day). It sure seems weird without her here; the only time I speak English is if I get to talk to my family or Gavin. Work is getting busier but still going very well! I’ll close this post for now xo

2 comments:

Annette said...

Hayz - take a picture out of your office window I want to see what you see when you look out - O.K.?

Mama

steph said...

Hi Haleigh, I want to see what's out your window, like your mama said. I think you look great, not tired. So fun to see what you are doing. Love Steph