Thursday, July 9, 2009

a crummy end to a crummy few days.

No need to see the world the rose colored glasses every day; better to be honest. It has been a downer week for the most part. I was really looking forward to today but unfortunately it didn’t turn out how I’d imagined. My friend Marie invited me to have lunch with one of her colleagues who is an English teacher and had loads of questions about Mormonism. At the moment, she (Helène) doesn’t believe in anything except that there is a little bit of good in everyone. Well, I was really excited to get to answer her questions and in the beginning it went well. I cleared up her mistaken ideas about polygamy, the prophet, and the temple. However, I soon found out that she has actually visited Salt Lake City and she had a terrible experience. She said that despite the fact that we have our own Mormon Vatican, (I’m assuming she meant Temple Square), she didn’t feel at all welcome there and got a bad impression of the members. Well, apologizing for whatever sort of experience she had, I explained that gospel is perfect, but the members aren’t. After answering some more questions, I offered her the French copy of the conference issue Ensign that I’d brought for her, but she refused it. Things ended quite awkwardly and I went back for the rest of a hectic day at work. I guess I should look for the light in the dark and mention that my friend Marie saw that on the cover of the other Ensign I’d brought one of the titles was “How to talk to your parents” and she thought she’d take the article to read to her son. This week has been an eventful week but I’ll write about it when I’m in a better mood. I figure having one out of 80 posts be a negative one is about fair.

1 comment:

steph said...

Haleigh, I'm so glad you were honest about having some crummy days. I hope they become forgotten ones, unless they were a prelude to something. You never know what's going to happen right?