Sunday, July 5, 2009

French Film Festival

This week is the French Film Festival and a big percentage of the population flocks to the theaters. Didier and Marie have taken me to see two of the premiering movies: a comedy “Tellement Proches” (A little like “With Six You Get Eggroll”) which was absolutely hilarious! Secondly, “Fais-moi Plaisir” a romantic comedy which was quite fun too. We saw one Wednesday and the other Friday. They were sweet to let me tag along with them when their kids are out of town. We also went to dinner Friday night in the square in front of Notre Dame de la Treille and it was delicious! I had a pepper tart and salad and took a picture to prove how pretty the presentation was. Marie and Didier are truly two of the kindest people I have ever met. Marie is an artist and I had previously asked her if I could buy one of her paintings that she could bear to part with and when she had me over for dinner last Thursday she had me choose one and then gave it to me as a wedding gift! It is an orange abstract canvas and I’m so pleased to have it. I just got a nice surprise-In the English lesson notes that one of the girls gave back to me from Wednesday, each of the girls wrote me a little message! One says, “Very Tank-you Haleigh. I like you” How darling! Things are going superbly here besides the heat and humidity which is barely bearable. I cannot believe I only have one month left!

2 comments:

Annette said...

The pepper tart & salad looks yummy & of course, you loved the presentation cuz they are on square plates! I'm so glad we found white square plates for you and Gavin!

Love ya,
Mama

annette said...

What a great time to be there for the film festival. Love your blogs. Thanks ....the other annette