Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Unlimited Louvre Access..

1.30.08. Bonjour. Today we got our Student Art Louvre Cards which give us unlimited access to the Louvre until September! Wow. So, I spent a couple hours today in complete awe. Some of the paintings are enormous..absolutely amazing. To be this close to artifacts dating back so far..I couldn't help but feel like I was reaching back into time..Hence, the photo on the right. I know it's cliché, but the Venus de Milo is one breathtaking statue. (Left) The Mona Lisa on the other hand, is nothing to write home to mom about. I will never realize its comparable greatness after viewing so many other praise deserving works. I cannot wait to spend many many more hours in there. I read somewhere that if one spent 30 seconds on each work in the museum, with no breaks, it would take over nine months to see the whole thing. I believe that. Well, I'm at the point of crash and burn, so bon nuit...hay

No comments: