Sunday, February 24, 2008

Alone But Not Lonely...

What an excellent Sunday…I realized today, that I don’t really understand why, but I feel closer to the Lord here than I think I ever have. Perhaps it’s because I rely on heavenly help a lot more, or because I have to sacrifice more to take part in the gospel, or because I’ve spent time with Saints who give their whole hearts to the gospel, or because I’m taking two great religion classes, or because it takes so much more effort to read the Book of Mormon in French than in English, or…perhaps it’s all of this combined. Either way, I feel blessed beyond explanation to be here on my own, but not be alone.
Last night Frère Gaston gave a neat fireside on perseverance. This week looks like a big one, so I’d better gear up! A toute à l’heure…

2 comments:

Beverly Koller said...

Haleigh,
It is for all of those reasons that you are feeling closer to Heavenly Father in France! I'm so excited for you and I am so proud of you!

Love,
Grandma Koller

Casey and Allie said...

Oh, my sweet Haleigh…you are wise beyond your years. I am so glad that you are having such a great experience and learning so much from all of it. Good girl. Know that I love you!